On my recent trip to Paris, one of the restaurants served us freshly baked mini madeleines at the end of our meal. I couldn't get them out of my mind since then and so I decided to re-create them at home. I actually prefer the bite of a regular sized madeleine, but these mini ones win me over with their super cuteness!
Prep time: 20 mins
Bake time: 10 mins
Makes 40 mini madeleines
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
60g icing sugar
50g plain flour
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
60g butter, melted and cooled
1. Preheat the oven to 190C. Grease madeleine pan.
2. In a medium bowl beat egg and vanilla with an electric
mixer on high speed for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in the icing sugar.
Beat for 5 to 7 minutes or until thick and satiny.
3. Sift together the flour and baking powder. Sift 1/4 of the flour mixture over the egg mixture, gently fold in. Fold in the remaining flour by fourths. Then fold in the melted and cooled butter.
4. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
5. Spoon batter into the prepared moulds, filling 3/4 full.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 10mins or until the edges are golden and the tops spring back. Cool in pan for 2-3 mins before removing to cool on wire rack.