Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Makes 12 muffins
5 tablespoons (2 1/2 ounces or 71 grams) unsalted butter , softened
1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces or 100 grams) sugar
1 large egg
3/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 1/2 cups (6 3/4 ounces or 191 grams) all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon (7 grams or 1/4 ounce) baking powder
1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) baking soda
1/4 teaspoon (2 grams) salt
3/4 cup (3 3/4 ounces or 105 grams) blueberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, don’t bother defrosting)
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line a muffin tin with 10 paper liners or spray each cup with a nonstick spray.
2. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well, then yogurt and zest.
3. Put flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a sifter and sift half of dry ingredients over batter. Mix until combined. Sift remaining dry ingredients into batter and mix just until the flour disappears.
4. Gently fold in your blueberries. The dough will be quite thick
5. Fill the pan to 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, until tops are golden and a tester inserted into the center of muffins comes out clean.