Bake time: 12 mins
Makes 30 cookies
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup (packed) light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel or 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into chips, or a generous 3/4 cup store-bought mini chocolate chips
1. Sift the flour, cocoa and baking soda together.
2. Working with a stand mixer, preferably fitted with a paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy. Add both sugars, the salt and vanilla extract and beat for 2 minutes more.
3 Add flour mixture and pulse at low speed for 3-5 seconds each time. Pulse until all flour has been incorporated. Mix on low speed for an additional 20 seconds.
4. Split the dough in half and roll each into 1 1/2 inch logs. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before baking. (The dough can be refrigerated up to 2 days or frozen for up to 2 months)
5. When ready, slice the logs into 1/2 inch thick slices and bake on the center rach for 12 mins at 160C.
6. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 2 mins before transferring to a cooling rack.